NCC Group started life in June 1999, when the National Computing Centre sold its commercial divisions to its existing management team.
Take a look at a snapshot of our rich and diverse history...
On 12 July 2004 the company was admitted to trading on AIM. The flotation raised £38.1 million before expenses through a placing of 22.4 million ordinary shares and the Company’s market capitalisation was £55.4m. It would be a further three years before the company made a move to the London Stock Exchange – on 13 July 2007.
The Group continued to grow through acquisition over the years, which included:
- Secure Test (August 2006) – a leading provider of independent penetration and security testing services
- Escrow Europe (January 2007) – further strengthening the Group’s escrow solutions in EMEA
- NGS Software (November 2007) – highly specialised software security provider
- Meridian Services International (March 2009) – specialist in conducting payment scheme logical and physic security audits
- iSEC Partners (October 2009) – the leading US-based security testing services provider
- Matasano Security (August 2011) – independent security research and testing services provider
- Intrepidus Group (August 2011) – US based mobile testing specialist
- FortConsult (May 2013)– the Danish based independent security testing services provider
- Accumuli plc (May 2014)– leading IT security and risk management business in the UK
- Fox-IT (November 2014)– a leading provider of high-end cyber security solutions
- Payment Software Company Inc (September 2015) – US based cyber security and payment consultancy
- Virtual Security Research (VSR) (November 2016) – US based cyber security consultancy.
- Iron Mountain Intellectual Property Management (IPM) (June 2021) – US based software resilience and escrow business
This is just a snapshot of the rich and diversity of history, which makes up NCC Group today. And while history is important – so is the future.
As technology development continues to play an even more important role in everyday life, so does the need for cyber security innovation to keep society safe and secure. Our strategy is designed to meet this challenge.